Simple Plan Biography
1. How long have you guys been singing and creating music together? (Andrea from Oakville, Ontario, Canada)
We have been in Simple Plan for about 5 years now... but have been playing in bands together or in the same scene for about 10 years. We have known each other for a long time.
2. What was the first song you learned to play? (Leah Wild from Manchester, U.K)
When we started, one of the first songs we ever wrote was “I'd Do Anything.” It was a little bit different back then, but that was still the first song we wrote as Simple Plan.
3. Why did you choose the name "Simple Plan" for your group? (Benjie Cayangyang from Lucena City, Quezon, Philippines)
Well, every band has to go through the process of finding a name. We had a show to play and still didn't have a name! Then we saw the movie "A Simple Plan" and thought it would make a good band name. So we kept it. Besides, Hoobastank was already taken.
4. Do you ever feel that you aren't doing what you should be...like that you shouldn't be a mega cool band? (Daniel from Council Bluffs, Iowa)
No. This is our dream for all of us. This is what we have been working towards for years now and we love it. Now we get to make a living doing it. I think being in a band is pretty cool!
5. If you guys weren't in the music business what do you think you would be doing as a career? (Jessica Lewis from Lima, Ohio)
I think I would probably still be in school studying something really boring that I didn't really like. Honestly, I have no idea.
6. In an interview Pierre said critics seem to hate you, why do you think they hate you? (Sharon Gibson from Northern Ireland)
I don't know. We just have never been the "cool" band to like. But it doesn't matter. It means so much more to us to see kids at the shows singing and jumping than to read a good review in a magazine.
7. Who are your favorite bands? (Shelby from Ramona, California)
We love My Chemical Romance, Keane, Jack Johnson, Green Day, Weezer, etc.
8. Who do you guys have crushes on? (Jose from Mildura, Australia)
Pierre has always been a big fan of Jenna Jameson. Yeppers!
9. Do you guys skateboard? If so who's the best skateboarder in the band? (Raymond from Phoenix, Arizona)
Not really. Pierre does and he's pretty good. David too. I can't do it. I have a long skateboard so I can cruise around, but forget about doing any tricks.
10. If you were to be any animal, what would you be? (Sarina from Ontario, Canada)
A squirrel. They have nothing to do all day except to worry about eating. Also, you can climb trees!
Simple Plan's latest album, Still Not Getting Any, is available now in the ARTISTdirect Store!
Simple Plan Bio from Discogs
They performed at the Vans Warped Tour every year from 1999-2005 and in 2011.