25 Things You Don't Know About Dave Grohl
Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:07:43
In support of the new album, Wasting Light, the Foo Fighters frontman, 42, spilled 25 secrets in this week's edition of Us Weekly, also viewable here.
1. I love skeet shooting. (And I'm a damn good shot.)
2. I still listen to Ace of Base.
3. My entire life, I've had the same recurring dream about a house I've never been to.
4. I was VP of my freshman class in high school.
5. I also did the morning announcements.
6. When I was young, my spine was crooked, so for years I had to wear a lift on my left shoe.
7. I never took lessons to play the drums. I learned to play on pillows in my bedroom.
8. I try to go mountain biking five days a week.
9. My favorite drink is Brennivin Icelandic schnapps.
10. Lacrosse was my favorite sport growing up. I was a goalie for years.
11. I dropped out of high school to start touring with a band at 17. I've toured almost every year since.
12. I can speak with a whistle. (It's really hard to explain. You have to hear it.)
13. My parents almost named me Hans. So my nickname as a child was "Hans Grohlo." (It was the 70s.)
14. I believe in UFOs.
15. I love assembling Ikea furniture.
16. I hate talking on the phone.
17. I was a professional theater actor as a kid.
18. I also worked at Shakey's pizza.
19. I was the fifth drummer of Nirvana.
20. I am really, really, really good at Whack-a-Mole.
21. I listen to old-school disco every morning with my kids, Violet, 5, and Harper, 2.
22. I used to wear long johns under my jeans because I thought I was too skinny. (Not a problem anymore.)
23. My hero as a child was Jim Craig, the legendary hockey goalie from the 1980 U.S. Olympic team. I had a chance to meet him before I performed at the 2002 winter Olympics. It made my night.
24. My main method of transportation is motorcycle (weather permitting).
25. I still say small, medium and large at Starbucks. Those Italian words confuse me.
What is your favorite new fact about Dave Grohl?