5 Reasons: Nick Jonas Really Is the New King of Pop
Thu, 04 Jun 2015 17:48:14
The youngest JoBro's solo career is on fire.
Nick Jonas is the new king of solo male pop singers. Really. He has reinvented himself after his Jonas Brothers project split and splintered. We have not heard much from his brothers on the musical front, but Nick is all over the radio with his smash hit "Jealous." Why has his career taken off? Here's five reasons.
• He fills the wide open space. He is not a crooner like Michael Bublé but he's not a bubblegummer like One Direction nor is he a troublemaker like Justin Bieber. He's like Justin Timberlake. Good voice, good dude, good sound, good songs.
• He is cute as hell, which is an important element in the pop world. He looks good and sounds even better. Image is everything and his presentation is quality on all fronts.
• He is doing all the right things to go with it, from his FLAUNT shirtless spread to his hosting gigs, like the Kids' Choice Awards. He is making sure to hit all the sweet spots.
• He's also got the songs. If you can turn "Jealous" off when it comes on the radio, you have a skill that we just don't have.
• He's got the voice. It's unique, part-falsetto and part-not.
Nick Jonas has set the table for a long and successful pop career.
Nick Jonas' self-titled album is available now.