Amy Winehouse "At the BBC" Releases on November 13
Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:15:43
The legend of Amy Winehouse lives on with the release of At the BBC on November 13, 2012.
This very special CD + DVD collection chronicles the five-time Grammy Award winner and soul icon's seminal performances at The BBC from her international debut on the U.K. channel in 2004 all the way through 2009. Celebrating her influential and inspirational career, this release allows audiences to experience the singer in all of her glory live.
Every time that Winehouse set foot on stage for the BBC, magic truly happened. The CD features fourteen live recordings from the original sessions. Each one further solidifies her status as an immensely talented, wholly original, and irresistibly engaging presence.
Meanwhile, the DVD offers a short film entitled The Day She Came to Dingle. Transitioning between a powerhouse performance from 2006 in an intimate church and rare candid interview footage, it's the best way to get close to one of the most transcendent singers of the 21st century. It's as unforgettable as the songs themselves.
In addition, the packaging boasts a vibrant full-color illustrated booklet. Inside, there are unseen photographs, heartfelt words of remembrance from legendary rapper and longtime friend Nas, and extensive liner notes by UK journalist Dan Cairns and the memories of BBC producer Mark Cooper who collaborated closely with the songstress on many of these highlights.
1. I Know You Now [Leicester Summer Sundae 2004]
2. Fuck Me Pumps [T In The Park 2004]
3. In My Bed [T In The Park 2004]
4. October Song [T In The Park 2004]
5. Rehab [Pete Mitchell 2006]
6. You Know I'm No Good [Jo Whiley Live Lounge 2007]
7. Just Friends [Big Band Special 2009]
8. Love Is a Losing Game [Jools Holland 2009]
9. Tears Dry On Their Own [Jo Whiley Live Lounge 2007]
10. Best Friends, Right? [Leicester Summer Sundae 2004]
11. I Should Care [The Stables 2004]
12. Lullaby Birdland [The Stables 2004]
13. Valerie [Jo Whiley Live Lounger 2007]
14. To Know Him is to Love Him [Pete Mitchell 2006]
The Day She Came To Dingle
1. Tears Dry On Their Own
2. You Know I'm No Good
3. Love Is a losing Game
4. Back To Black
6. Me & Mr. Jones
Will you grab this tribute to Amy Winehouse's greatness?