Barry Manilow to Release "My Dream Duets" on October 27
Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:39:47
Barry Manilow is gettin' his duets on in a modern, digitally manipulated way! He is dueting with lots of singers who have passed away already. How is he dong that?
Well, modern technology has afforded pop legend Manilow the opportunity to record his "dream" duets with his own musical heroes on his latest album My Dream Duets [iTunes link].
From cherished idols like Judy Garland and Louis Armstrong to contemporary icons like Whitney Houston and John Denver, they have all joined Barry in his "virtual recording studio."
The album is set for release on October 27.
Through the miracle of modern technology, the original vocal tracks for each guest artist on My Dream Duets have been extracted from their original source recordings, allowing Manilow to re-orchestrate the arrangements, record new musical tracks and then transport the guest vocals into vibrant new settings. In this way, he not only pays homage to his duet partners but, he also brings them into the modern era by transforming them into recordings that are instantly familiar yet refreshingly new.
What's old is new. Manilow, Barry is making it new! Huzzah!
"The songs have all new arrangements and sound as if they were recorded yesterday," said Manilow. "The album is a miracle. It's been a huge undertaking, musically and technically."
Manilow's joy standing shoulder-to-shoulder next to these musical giants is evident on each track. Manilow added, "Having the opportunity to record these legendary standards with artists whom I admire so much was really a dream come true."
My Dream Duets Track Listing:
1. The Song's Gotta Come From The Heart with Jimmy Durante
2. Goody Goody with Frankie Lymo n
3. Dream a Little Dream of Me with Mama Cass
4. I Believe In You And Me with Whitney Houston
5. Sunshine On My Shoulders with John Denver
6. Zing! Went The Strings Of My Heart with Judy Garland
7. Moon River with Andy Williams
8. The Look Of Love with Dusty Springfield
9. The Candyman with Sammy Davis, Jr.
10. I Wanna Be Loved By You with Marilyn Monroe
11. What A Wonderful World/What A Wonderful Life with Louis Armstrong
What Manilow duet are you most interested in hearing?