Billy Joel's Band, Debbie Gibson, Kurtis Blow Set for Long Island Music Hall of Fame Inductions
Tue, 07 Oct 2014 13:41:59
Strong Island, yo! It has a RICH musical history, from Billy Joel to Twisted Sister to Glassjaw.
The Long Island Music Hall of Fame (LIMHoF) will induct its 2014 —and fifth overall— Class of Honorees at its star-studded red carpet Award Ceremony and Fundraising Gala on Thursday, October 23, 2014, at The Paramount in Huntington, New York.
The fifth induction class will include:
• Record Producer and Music Industry Executive Clive Davis
• Concert Promoter Ron Delsener
• Lyricist Gerry Goffin
• Record Producer and Remixer Steve Thompson
• Singer Debbie Gibson
• Rapper and Record producer Kurtis Blow
• 2014 Harry Chapin Award recipient and previous LIMHoF inductee Darryl "D.M.C." McDaniels of Run-D.M.C.
• Billy Joel Band Members, all four listed below
• Liberty DeVitto — drums, percussion
• Doug Stegmeyer — bass guitar, backing vocals
• Russell Javors — rhythm and lead guitars, harmonica, backing vocals
• Richie Cannata — keyboards, saxophones, flute, clarinet, percussion
Scheduled performances include a musical tribute to Gerry Goffin. Other performers and special guests will be announced as they are confirmed.
LIMHoF will also honor Music Educator of the Year, Student Music and Non-Profit Scholarship recipients and a special award paying tribute to a historic accomplishment to mark the anniversary of Billy Joel's historic trip to Russia.
Tickets are on sale. General seating tickets are $75 and $150, and are available through The Paramount box office at 631-673-7300 or online at ParamountNY.com.
Long Island Music Hall of Fame (LIMHoF) is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the idea that Long Island's musical heritage is an important resource to be celebrated and preserved for future generations. The LIMHoF was created as a place to inspire in each person the desire to explore and celebrate music in all its forms and to be a place where the music community will find the support, resources and leadership necessary to aim them in that exploration. For more information about the Long Island Music Hall of Fame, visit LIMusicHallOfFame.org.
Who is your fave musician from Long Island?