Cyndi Lauper, Liza Minnelli, Lady Gaga + More Team Up for Charitybuzz Auction
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:56:31
Have we got news for you!
Longtime civil rights advocate and artist Cyndi Lauper has rallied an impressive list of stars from music and entertainment to help kick off the 2012 True Colors Summer Charity Auction to benefit the True Colors Fund's work in support of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality. Elton John, Liza Minnelli, Lady Gaga, Anderson Cooper, Jason Mraz, Ricky Martin and many more celebrities have donated incredible experiences for the auction, open now through July 31 at leading online charity auction house Charitybuzz here.
Lauper founded the True Colors Fund to inspire and engage everyone, especially straight people, to become active participants in the advancement of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality. The organization also works to raise awareness about and bring an end to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender youth homelessness.
"The True Colors Fund's fourth annual summer online auction with Charitybuzz is shaping up to be our most successful to date. I am so grateful to everyone who donated an incredible experience in support of equality for all and to help gay and transgender homeless youth,” said Lauper. “The funds raised from this auction will go towards creating real change in the lives of so many. Everyone—whether straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender—should be allowed to show their true colors, and be accepted and loved for who they are."
The highlight of this year's auction is the chance to meet Liza Minnelli, the acclaimed Oscar-, Grammy-, Emmy- and Tony-award winning entertainer. The winning bidder of the experience will meet Liza backstage and enjoy premiere VIP tickets to any live performance of their choice. This is the first time the experience has been auctioned online at Charitybuzz.
Other experiences up for auction to benefit True Colors include:
• Take home Cyndi Lauper's Mardi Gras dress and meet Cyndi at her Home for the Holidays concert with 2 VIP tickets
• Meet Anderson Cooper at a live taping of Anderson in New York City
• Meet Lady Gaga backstage with two VIP tickets to a live performance • Meet Elton John backstage with two VIP tickets to a live performance
• Visit the set of Modern Family in Los Angeles with three friends
• Enjoy two house seats to see Ricky Martin in the award-winning musical Evita in NYC
• Meet Kelly Osbourne with 4 VIP tickets to a taping of Fashion Police in Los Angeles
• Meet Jason Mraz and Christina Perri with premiere tickets to their October 15 show in Los Angeles
• Meet Yankees Manager Joe Girardi, watch batting practice and catch the Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays Game
• Score two VIP weekend passes to Jay-Z's Made in America Festival in Philadelphia
• Have a lunch date at The Abbey and get your nails done with Jessica Sutta of The Pussycat Dolls in Los Angeles
• Enjoy VIP seats to see Norah Jones on her 2012 tour and take home a signed lyric book
• Snag two prime seats to the Project Runway finale fashion show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City
In addition to the True Colors Fund's long-standing project the Give a Damn Campaign, funds raised through this summer's Charitybuzz auction will support the Forty to None Project, True Colors' newest initiative. The Forty to None Project seeks to raise awareness about and bring an end to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender youth experiencing homelessness.
In America, it is estimated that between 500,000 and 1.6. million youth are homeless each year and that up to 40% of these young people identify as gay or transgender. Since its creation in 2008, the True Colors Fund and its co-founder Cyndi Lauper have been advocating and raising awareness about the fact that no young person deserves to be homeless, let alone because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Are you bidding? Check out the auctions at charitybuzz.