Dr. Ralph Stanley Releasing New Album Via Cracker Barrel in 2015
Tue, 06 Jan 2015 09:02:39
This is one CD you don't want to snooze on.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store and Grammy winner and International Bluegrass Hall of Honor inductee Dr. Ralph Stanley will release Ralph Stanley & Friends: Man of Constant Sorrow on January 19.
The album will be available exclusively at all 634 Cracker Barrel Old Country Store locations and online.
Love the Barrel. Their apples and biscuits are so, so good.
The digital album will also be available for purchase at select digital retailers.
Ralph Stanley & Friends: Man of Constant Sorrow features Stanley performing duets with guest artists including Dierks Bentley, Elvis Costello, Del McCoury, Buddy Miller & Jim Lauderdale, Old Crow Medicine Show, Robert Plant, Ricky Skaggs, Nathan Stanley, Josh Turner, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, and Lee Ann Womack.
Stanley also performs two solo songs, including his signature tune "Man of Constant Sorrow."
"I have always enjoyed performing with other musicians ever since my older brother Carter and I first started playing music together when we were kids," said Stanley. "I am excited to share these collaborations with such wonderful artists with our fans. So many of my fans are regular visitors to Cracker Barrel, so I'm happy to have my project available exclusively there so they can find the CD in one of their favorite locations."
1) "We Shall Rise" with Josh Turner
2) "I Only Exist" with Dierks Bentley
3) "Sweethearts in Heaven" with Ricky Skaggs
4) "Rank Stranger" with Nathan Stanley
5) "I Am the Man, Thomas" with Buddy Miller & Jim Lauderdale
6) "White Dove" with Lee Ann Womack
7) "Red Wicked Wine" with Elvis Costello
8) "Pig in a Pen" with Gillian Welch & David Rawlings
9) "Two Coats" with Robert Plant
10) "Brand New Tennessee Waltz" with Del McCoury
11) "Short Life of Trouble" with Old Crow Medicine Show
12) "Hills of Home" - Ralph Stanley solo
13) "Man of Constant Sorrow" - Ralph Stanley solo
Anyone plan to check out this CD when shopping or eating at Cracker Barrel?