Exclusive: Mike Ayley of Marianas Trench Reveals His Summer Essentials
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:11:06
Marianas Trench Videos
Mike Ayley, the bassist of Canadian rock band Marianas Trench, revealed his list of Top 5 Summer Items. Check out the essentials he needs when beating the heat and for surviving and enjoying the warm months.
1. Some sort of photo-capturing device. I don't want to miss getting a magic summer moment on film.
2. Sunglasses. I like to have mystique and I like to protect my eyes from solar-related retina damage at the same time.
3. A nice pair of walking shoes. These can actually just be any comfortable shoes. It sounds cheesy, but there is nothing like going for a walk in Vancouver along the seawall with my girlfriend. That is the true quality time.
4. A discus to toss around with my cohorts on our many parking lot days off. Better than watching the pavement heat up and cool down...which is what I do when nobody wants to toss the discus.
5. Sunscreen, so I can secretly apply sunscreen to strangers, delicately enough that they don't know it's happening, in unusual designs so people have odd and unexplainable tan lines like UFO patterns in crop fields.
We SO love Mike Ayley after checking out his list of summer "must haves." And we don't think any of his answers were cheesy, despite what he said about going for walks and walking shoes.
The band just dropped the new Face the Music: The EP via Cherrytree, which includes four tracks, with two new acoustic versions of "Fallout," and "Haven't Had Enough."
The band is currently on tour.
6/7 Washington DC The Fillmore
6/8 Philadelphia, PA Theatre of Living Arts
6/9 Asbury Park, NJ Stone Pony
6/10 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club
6/13 New York, NY Irving Plaza
6/14 Detroit, MI The Fillmore
6/15 Buffalo, NY Artpark
6/18 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
6/19 Cincinnati, OH Bogart's
6/21 Minneapolis, MN Varsity Theater
6/22 Chicago, IL House of Blues
Check out the acoustic version of "Fallout":
What is your summer essential?