Feature: 10 Reasons Papa Emeritus II of Ghost B.C. Should Be Pope
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:33:56
With the big seat in the Vatican vacant, there has been a lot of talk on the internet about Papa Emeritus II of Ghost B.C. being the perfect man for pope. Honestly, we here at ARTISTdirect.com couldn't agree more.
In this exclusive list feature, ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino shares 10 reasons why we think Papa Emeritus II of Ghost B.C. should be pope.
10 Reasons Papa Emeritus II of Ghost B.C. Should Be Pope
10. Papa Emeritus II already has the robe and hat for it. Granted, the cross is flipped the other way, but that's just a small oversight…We're all about change in the 21st century, right?
9. He wears a mask. This way, when he preaches, it isn't just about him. It's about someone else. That's important to note.
8. His sermons aren't restricted to a church. Instead, he preaches cool places like this year's Rock on the Range and Coachella, outside of those stuffy four walls with all of that creepy, violent-looking stained glass. Be sure not to miss Ghost B.C.'s Haze Over North America Tour.
7. He has no problem with people "getting down" or "getting busy". See the band's Ghoulish Perversions tumblr for more "info" and "examples".
6. His congregation is elite. Already, icons like Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters and Nirvana, Philip H. Anselmo of Down and Pantera, and James Hetfield of Metallica have announced their allegiance and support of his "band" Ghost B.C. This isn't your grandma's church. Why would you want to go to your grandma's church anyway?
5. The music video for "Secular Haze" is mind-blowing. It looks like Dario Argento directed it for American Bandstand after taking a handful of acid.
4. Ghost B.C. is a real rock band. They hearken back to the days of The Beatles, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin, while conjuring their own sweetly evil symphony unlike anything out there. They're not donning skinny jeans. They don't need to rely on weird haircuts. They all wear robes so you can't see their hair. They can also play their instruments better than most.
3. Papa Emeritus II and his cohorts have covered ABBA. 'Nuff said…
2. Opus Eponymous is a landmark rock 'n' roll record. It shows both Papa Emeritus II's immense vocal ability and knack for a catchy hook as well as The Nameless Ghouls' prowess with their "instruments".
1. INFESTISSUMAM, out April 9 via Loma Vista Recordings/Republic Records, is one of the best rock 'n' roll albums of this century. We're not fucking around. It's that good. When you make music this amazing, you deserve to lead the Catholic church…
Do you agree? What's your favorite Ghost B.C. song?
See our feature on why Ghost B.C. will save rock 'n' roll here!
See our feature on Ghost B.C. as a game-changer here!
See our review of "Secular Haze" here!