Feature: 10 Reasons Why Puscifer is The Coolest Band in the World
Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:19:36
Puscifer is the coolest band in the world.
If you haven't figured that out yet, we wanted to let you know. Not only is the group's music unlike anything else out there, but their persona, image, and show reside in a realm that solely belongs to Maynard James Keenan's collective.
We've made a bold assertion here, but ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino dutifully backs it up with 10 Reasons Why Puscifer is the Coolest Band in the World in this exclusive feature below.
Enjoy and go listen to some Puscifer ASAP.
10 Reasons Why Puscifer is the Coolest Band in the World
10. They're unique. Regardless of your opinion regarding the musical visionaries, sketch comedy troupe, and "punk rock" band, it's undeniable that there is no other band on this planet—or perhaps any other one—that's quite like them.
9. Their live show kicks all kinds of ass. When you go see Puscifer live, it's like watching Andy Kaufman's fever dreams unfold on stage with a Spaghetti Western sub plot set in Arizona by way of Kentucky and one of the most powerful voices of the 21st century.
8. The characters rule. On par with your favorite nutty Quentin Tarantino personalities, Billy D., Hildy, Major Douche, and the rest of the gang are as endearing as they are hilarious. You want to invite them over for dinner. Just have them park the air stream in eyesight so nobody can steal it.
7. They have cool friends. Milla Jovovich has recorded and performed with them and Bob Odenkirk—Breaking Bad's Saul Goodman himself—asks a very crucial question in the video below. It's the only thing you need to get "checked out".
Our Favorite Zombie Killer
6. They're not afraid to get wild. They've got balls. Just listen to that knockout "Bohemian Rhapsody" cover, which does Queen and Freddie Mercury justice by paving a new path.
5. Sick remixes. Puscifer's outpouring of content has yielded not only two stellar full-length albums but some mind-blowing remixes courtesy of everybody from Sir Mix-A-Lot to Joey Jordison of Slipknot and Scar the Martyr.
4. They have a sense of humor. If What Is… doesn't make you laugh, you need to check yourself for a pulse…More bands need to have a sense of humor. It's not driving an ambulance. It's rock 'n' roll.
3. Personality goes along way. Integrity does too. Puscifer have both of these qualities in spaces, operating completely independently and bringing a truly brilliant vision to life.
2. The songs rule. Conditions of My Parole is an enigmatic, entrancing, and engaging masterpiece in its own right. Whether it's the succinct stomp of "Toma" or "Telling Ghosts" or the swooning desert serenity of "Monsoons", Puscifer's music continually captivates.
1. They will fucking mosh all over you. That's all you need to know.
What's your favorite Puscifer song?
See our latest interview with Maynard here!
p.s. Correct, Veronica, let's not forget to mention Carina Round!