Feature: 5 Reasons Of Mice & Men Will Blow Up in 2014
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:24:02
Of Mice & Men are about to have a very big year.
All signs are pointing to the California outfit becoming the talk of the entire hard rock genre in 2014. It's time, and frankly, these guys deserve it. Moreover, rock music deserves new leaders.
So, ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino compiled a list of the Top 5 Reasons Of Mice & Men Will Be The Biggest Hard Rock Success Story of 2014.
5 Reasons Of Mice & Men Will Blow Up in 2014
5. They're everywhere. Right now, the band is on the cover of Alternative Press and receiving features from countless other tastemakers. Their profile has dramatically increased in anticipation of Restoring Force's release on January 28, and it's well-deserved. [iTunes link] Expect to see them popping up even more places after the record drops.
4. They're on The American Dream Tour. On February 3, Of Mice & Men kick off The American Dream tour with Bring Me the Horizon, and numerous dates have already sold out well in advance—not to mention performances down the line at the likes of Rock on the Range. For the current scene, the pairing of these two bands is nothing short of monumental, and it'll be looked back on by this generation like the turn-of-the-century kids revered the Family Values and Pledge of Allegiance tours. Both bands have reached new plateaus, and their stars continue to rise at a rapid rate. Also, the fans' fervor is uncontainable, which brings us to point #3.
3. Their fan base is INSANE. Through how welcoming and approachable the members are (yet at the same time born to be larger-than-life stars), the guys have built a diehard fan base that's simply staggering. Online numbers don't lie, but it's the fact that kids will wait outside of events just to meet Carlile that is truly mind-blowing. Of course, he's beyond super cool to them too...
2. Restoring Force simply slays. There's no other way to say it. Of Mice & Men have crafted an opus that captures what everyone loved about their sound in the first place, while properly evolving it into something much bigger, bolder, and better. Expect a hard rock breakout here a la Korn during Follow the Leader or Linkin Park on Hybrid Theory. The heavy moments like "Public Service Announcement" are downright decimating, while "Another You" and "Space Enough to Grow" evince a spacey side of their sound that transfixes instantly.
1. The world needs a new rock band at the top. It's the right moment for this to happen, and Of Mice & Men are that band that the rock and metal community has been begging for.
What's your favorite Of Mice & Men song?