Feature: 5 Reasons To Get Excited for Papa Roach’s "F.E.A.R. (Face Everything And Rise)"
Thu, 02 Oct 2014 15:49:26
Papa Roach remain unstoppable. They continue to raise the bar with every album, and their 2015 offering F.E.A.R. (Face Everything And Rise) will undoubtedly continue that tradition. So, ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino wanted to get this new record on everybody’s radar now.
Check out '5 Reasons To Get Excited for Papa Roach’s F.E.A.R. (Face Everything And Rise)' below!
5. The Connection remains a major milestone for the group. Not only does it include some of their most powerful and potent fare like "Before I Die", but it delivered the anthem "Still Swingin’," which more than lived up to its name. The boys laid the groundwork for an even bigger follow-up though.
4. Kevin Churko stood behind the board for this one. The man who helped In This Moment realize their sound on the standout Blood and oversaw production duties for Five Finger Death Punch’s best work teamed up with Papa Roach at his Las Vegas studio to bring F.E.A.R. (Face Everything And Rise) to life. Their first collaboration will be nothing short of explosive.
3. Their live show is better than ever. If you caught Papa Roach on one of their recent tours, especially with Stone Sour, it was like watching a band recharged and re-invigorated. They left everything on the stage like they did in the early days during those club and theater shows behind the seminal Infest, which enjoys its 15th anniversary next year.
2. Rock ‘n’ roll needs them. They’ve got the chance to really scorch airwaves on this one too. Rock radio is in dire need of hits, and these guys never fail to deliver the goods when it comes to that.
1. I’ve heard it, and it fucking rules. I’m serious. As a longtime fan of the band since Infest, then becoming entranced by lovehatetragedy, still bumping their masterpiece Getting Away With Murder to this day, all the way through The Connection, I can honestly say it combines the best elements of all those records and then reaches another level altogether. Expect some incredible, inspiring, and inimitable anthems and more great memories when they come around on tour. Get ready…
What’s your favorite Papa Roach song?