Feature: 5 Reasons To Get Excited for "Paperwork" from T.I.
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 09:47:52
T.I. is set to unleash his brand new album Paperwork on October 21. We already know it's going to be a classic.
So, ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino compiled 5 reasons to start getting excited for Paperwork in this exclusive feature.
5 Reasons To Get Excited for Paperwork from T.I.
5. Trouble Man: Heavy Is the Head was a classic. The last time T.I. gave us a full-length album it was a straight-up gem from top-to-bottom. You couldn't miss with it from the soul samples to smashes like "Ball" with Lil Wayne. However, it set the stage for him to do something even bigger and better this time around. That brings us to Paperwork, which ups the ante yet again.
4. Pharrell is executive producer. Alongside T.I., everybody's favorite hit-maker and "Blurred Lines" collaborator oversaw Paperwork as executive producer. T.I.'s penchant for going hard in the studio, chasing down inventive yet timeless beats, and knack for pushing the envelope perfectly mesh with Pharrell's legacy of innovation. Expect another complete vision from these gentlemen. It will be a motion picture.
3. The guest appearances are epic. He's going about things differently here. Nipsey Hussle and Victoria Monet team up with T.I. for "About My Issue", while Skylar Grey lends her inimitable pipes to "New National Anthem". The-Dream shows up during the finale "Let Your Heart Go (Break My Soul)", offering up a different cast of characters here, yet still extremely formidable. This all promises a singular standout experience.
2. The singles have been MIND-BLOWING. On "No Mediocre" with Grand Hustle's "first lady" Iggy Azalea, T.I. serves up an unshakable and undeniable anthem on par with his biggest hits. That says a lot given his track record.
Meanwhile, he gets hood across a bunch of racks with Young Thug on the strangely soulful "About the Money". These indicate that the world is in for another treat.
1. You can't fuck with T.I. 'Nuff said. He's one of the game's best, and he proves it over and over again with every subsequent album.
Are you excited for Paperwork? What's your favorite T.I. song?
Pre-order it here!