Feature: 5 Reasons We Think Kid Cudi Should Be In "Star Wars: Episode VII"
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:30:54
If there's one guy who was born to be in Star Wars: Episode VII, it's Kid Cudi.
The Man on the Moon has taken hip-hop to his own galaxy far, far away with this year's alternative rap roller coaster Indicud. It's Cudi's best work to date, and it also showcases has intergalactic talents as an MC, singer, lyricist, and producer. It's a milestone for 21st century music, period. At the same time, he's also gearing up to star in next year's Need for Speed alongside Breaking Bad (TV Series)'s Aaron Paul. It's bound to be one of 2014's biggest and best action flicks. However, at ARTISTdirect.com, we think Cudi should be cast in Star Wars: Episode VII, and here's why…
ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino lists 5 reasons Kid Cudi should be in Star Wars: Episode VII.
1. He's got his own trilogy — 2009's Man on the Moon: The End of Day and 2010's Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager did for rap what Star Wars did for sci-fi, expanding it into something much bigger than it had previously ben. Man on the Moon II even feels like his own The Empire Strikes Back with its dark subject matter, yet poignant story. Plus, he's got Man on the Moon III looming on the horizon. These nods to Star Wars show the reverence necessary to be in the next film.
2. He's got his own perspective and larger-than-life personality — Cudi's a rock star, plain and simple. He's one of the last left. When he hits the stage, that charisma remains immediately palpable and kinetic. It also transfers to the screen, which brings us to…
3. He's a great actor — Check How to Make it in America (TV Series) for proof. He knows how to step into a character and bring it to life. We have no doubt that Need for Speed also showcases those chops perfectly setting the stage to join the cast of Episode VII.
4. He has his own space suit — You see that sick spacesuit he's got? He's ready to blast off.
5. He's a visionary — Because of that, he'll no doubt fit in with J.J. Abrams and the George Lucas vision just fine.
Tweet this with hashtag #Cudi4Episode7
Do you agree?
Why Indicud is the year's best hip-hop album here!
"Going to the Ceremony" review here!
Ten Reasons Kid Cudi is Hip-Hop's Ultimate Superhero here!