Feature: Five Reasons to Get Excited for Hollywood Undead's "Day of the Dead"
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:27:07
Hollywood Undead Photos
Hollywood Undead Videos
Hollywood Undead return with their biggest and most badass album yet, Day of the Dead, on March 31. You can already get the first single on iTunes, but the album itself is a monster and one of the year's best. So, ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino compiled Five Reasons to Get Excited for Hollywood Undead's "Day of the Dead" in this exclusive feature.
You ready for this?
Five Reasons to Get Excited for Hollywood Undead's "Day of the Dead"
5. First of all, the boys will be heading back out on tour in support of Day of the Dead. If you've seen Hollywood Undead live, you know that it's unlike any other live show on the planet. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll bang your head, and you might even end up twerking. They hit the road on an intimate club tour starting March 9. Dates are here. If you buy tickets, you'll get a digital download of Day of the Dead once it drops.
4. The "Usual Suspects" captures that old school Swan Songs swagger with a fresh dose of industrial bitchslap that Hollywood Undead has perfected over the course of American Tragedy and Notes from the Underground. This indicates that the Los Angeles platinum collective has evolved, while maintaining the hallmarks of their style that made everybody fans in the first place.
Hear a Snippet!
3. Every album keeps getting better. Each time they hit the studio, they get wiser and wiseassier, and it bleeds through the music. The poignant poetic verses of Johnny 3 Tears continue to prove ponderous, while Charlie Scene gets wild like Juvenile. Funny Man doesn't mess around with his booming bars, and Danny sounds powerfully pristine. Da Kurlzz brings that special energy only he can. J-Dog's rhymes and instrumentation builds soundscapes that trap in the best way possible. They're one of the most creative and talented outfits in the game.
2. The single "Day of the Dead" is one of their biggest and best anthems ever. It's heavy, hypnotic, heartfelt, and everything Hollywood Undead should be.
Listen to "Day of the Dead"!
1. We've heard it, and it rules. We can honestly say it's the band's best since Swan Songs and a defining statement. It's what rock and hip-hop need and so much more.
What's your favorite Hollywood Undead song?