Feature: Five Reasons We Can't Wait For Tremonti's New Album
Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:33:45
2015 sees Mark Tremonti unleash his anxiously awaited follow-up to his 2012 landmark solo debut All I Was. That's extremely good news for heavy metal. All I Was illuminated his fret-searing powers, putting them on full display like never before. We know that his second offering will undoubtedly do the same.
So, ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino compiled five reasons why you should be getting very excited for Mr. Tremonti's forthcoming new offering.
5 Reasons We Can't Wait For Tremonti's New Album
5. Tremonti invited fans along for the ride. That's right. Recognizing the passion of his audience, the guitarist and vocalist engaged them, offering a chance to be a part of album number two. Through packages on Fret12, listeners could get everything from a PRS Tremonti guitar used during recording to framed, signed, numbered album art, "VIP" for life, and even a thanks in the liner notes. It made everybody feel closer to the process already.
4. Tremonti dove right into the process. He literally didn't miss a beat. As soon as the tour cycle supporting Alter Bridge's Fortress wrapped up, he went right into the studio with longtime producer Michael "Elvis" Baskette to cook this up.
3. They're already lining up shows. You'll be able to catch Tremonti on numerous key rock festivals this year including Shiprocked, Welcome to Rockville, Rock on the Range, and more. Expect a full tour announcement too of course.
2. Well, All I Was simply ruled. There's no other way to put it. Tremonti's solo debut stands out as one of his most powerful pieces of work to date—as well as his heaviest—and that says a lot considering this is the man whose six-string prowess anchors Alter Bridge and steered Creed to selling millions upon millions of records. All I Was stood at a crossroads between classic thrash and modern hard rock, tapping into hallmarks of both while simultaneously yielding something new in the process. It's a 21st century metal classic.
1. Tremonti is one of best fucking guitar players in metal. 'Nuff said. Just listen to All I Was, Fortress, Weathered, or anything else he's played on for proof. His new album will only enhance that legacy.
What's your favorite song from All I Was?
See our feature on why Tremonti is the most underrated guitarist in rock here!