Feature: Five Reasons Why Ariana Grande is the New Queen of Pop
Fri, 20 Dec 2013 08:37:57
Ariana Grande Videos
Ariana Grande emerged as the most important pop star of 2013. However, she's not stopping there. She's going to take the crown at the top. Yours Truly debuted at #1 and "The Way" featuring Mac Miller went double-platinum but this is only the beginning.
Given her meteoric rise and rightfully deserved success, ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino lists five reasons why Ariana Grande is the New Queen of Pop below!
Five Reasons Why Ariana Grande is the New Queen of Pop
5. She's classy. There is no pop star out there with as much poise as Miss Grande. She's brought back a level of elegance to the genre, and it's been extremely welcome. Plus, she's an avowed horror movie fan, which makes her even cooler in our book.
4. She treats her fans extremely well. Whether it's through "holiday parties" or periodic "follow" sprees on Twitter, she always takes the time to let the fans know how much she appreciates their support. It's little things like that which go a long way and have helped solidify her spot at the top.
3. She can put on an incredible show. She delivers at every performance, and she does so completely live with high energy and flawless singing.
2. She's got one of the best voices of the decade. Just listen to her sing even only song, and you'll be hooked. She's the real deal.
1. Yours Truly is a masterpiece. It's the year's best pop record by far and the best debut. Songs like "Honeymoon Avenue", "The Way" featuring Mac Miller, and "Better Left Unsaid" simply enchant by coasting to heavenly heights on her divine voice and passionate delivery. It's a landmark for the singer but it only hints at bigger things on the horizon.
What's your favorite Ariana Grande song?