Five Reasons We Can't Wait For Katy Perry's "Katy Perry: Part of Me" Film
Wed, 23 May 2012 19:56:19
Oh Katy Perry, how do we love thee. Let us count the ways. Hold up, hold up, hold up. If we did that, we'd be here all night, since there are so many ways in which we love Katy.
Therefore, we had to narrow it down to five reasons we love the singer and are excited beyond containment to see her film. It's technically not her debut, since she voiced Smurfette in The Smurfs.
Perry's first in-front-of-the-camera film, 3D Katy Perry: Part of Me, drops at the multiplex on July 5. We're so freakin' excited for the film, which is part concert doc, part behind-the-scenes, part pull-back-the-velvet-rope look at Perry's life as a pop diva. In honor of the film, ARTISTdirect.com has come up with the five critical reasons we cannot wait to see the film. We will be in the theater, in the front row, with a giant tub of buttered popcorn, which we will share, a 32 oz. Diet Coke and a bag of Sour Patch Kids or a box of Junior Mints or Milk Duds. We like kandy like we like Katy!
This is bound to be one of the best music films of the decade, and Katy remains the classiest, coolest, and most talented pop superstar on the scene!
1. It's in 3D. Katy in 3D? We already love her in one or two dimensions, but thrice is nice. It's certainly an added bonus and will lace the film with quite a stunning visual element. Who wouldn't want to see someone as beautiful as Perry up close and in 3D?
2. In a recent chat with TV host Ellen DeGeneres, Perry promised that the film would offer a tasteful look at her rise to fame and be that which shows everything. We're dying to see her whole story because she's that awesome!
3. It'll be like being at a Katy Perry concert. We've been lucky enough to see her in the flesh at an actual gig and this will take us back to the times that we've enjoyed her concerts. The live footage will be like a device that teleports us to KP's world. Bring on the Care Bears.
4. It'll be like having a backstage pass. We want to watch Perry try on fluffy, confectionary costumes and apply her gorgeous makeup. We want to watch her interact with her glam squad. She is a stunner, so any sort of fashion or beauty footage will excite us. But then again, so will any off-the-cuff, fly-on-the-wall footage of her with pals, dancers, crew, management, label people, fans, you name it. We wanna hang with Perry and this film allows us to do so.
5. Perry is one of the smartest and most talented pop stars around. When we interviewed her, we were struck by her bright, funny, witty commentary. So this film will certainly show the rest of her adoring public that side of her.
ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino [Twitter] lauds Katy and the film in advance writing, "Katy Perry isn't just the ultimate 21st century pop star; she's the ultimate pop star, period. With shimmering style and unforgettable songs, Katy elegantly entrances every time she takes the stage. The film is bound to solidify her further as one of the best and brightest superstars ever. Get ready as Katy will be a part of us forever!"
Are you planning to see Katy Perry's Katy Perry: Part of Me in 3D?