Five Reasons We Can't Wait for Slipknot's "KNOTFEST"
Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:51:20
Slipknot will raze all other festivals to the ground with their first annual KNOTFEST this summer.
It's two dates—the first is Friday August 17 at the Mid-America Motor Complex in Council Bluffs, IA and the second is Saturday August 18 at the Somerset Amphitheater in Minneapolis, MN.
KNOTFEST will undoubtedly be unlike any other music experience ever as the band has paid meticulous attention to architecting an immersive atmosphere. The grounds themselves with house big-top tents, interactive attractions, pyres of flames, performers, a drum circle made of junkyard cars, and outsider artists of all kinds. Think of it as Satan's answer to Coachella and every metal head's dream…
Let's not forget the lineup which for Saturday includes Slipknot, Deftones, Lamb of God, Dethklok, Serj Tankian, The Urge, Prong, and Dirtfedd. Sunday's lineup features Slipknot, Deftones, Lamb of God, Dethklok, Serj Tankian, Cannibal Corpse, Prong, Gojira, and The Dillinger Escape Plan.
In this exclusive feature, ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino lists five reasons we can't wait for KNOTFEST.
Five Reasons We Can't Wait for KNOTFEST
1. Slipknot: Slipknot remain the best, most brilliant, and brutal live band on the planet. The opportunity to see them headline their own festival for the first time is going to be a historic moment for music fans. They'll be firing on all cylinders after the Rockstar Mayhem Festival, and this will be the atomic bomb climax of the summer. Don't miss it just for the performance they'll put on alone.
2. Carnival: KNOTFEST is going to offer a dark circus experience with a junkyard car drum circle, sinfully sexy imagery, and lots and lots of fucking fire.
3. Museum: A big-top museum giving audiences a look at Slipknot's history and a few surprises. Even in Nicolas Cage National Treasure didn't unearth any exhibits this cool, and he's Nicolas Cage…
4. Underground: Some of the greatest underground bands on the scene are also playing—Prong [both days], Gojira and Cannibal Corpse [Saturday]. It shows the band's allegiance to their roots and rounds out the experience.
5. Rides: In addition to some classically crazy carnival rides, Saturday will offer the death-defying "RING OF FIRE" ride.
Will you be attending?
Tickets for KNOTFEST go on-sale Friday, June 8 at 10:00 AM EDT at the festival’s website, Ticketmaster and the box office. GA tickets and a limited number of VIP packages will be available with amenities ranging from early entrance, a shaded VIP bar and lounge with a main stage viewing area (21+ only), VIP catered meals, preferred parking and a meet and greet with Slipknot. To view all ticket and VIP options for both dates, visit: the official site.
See our exclusive interview with Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor and John Cusack here!