Get Ready for a Salty Celebration With National Margarita Day
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:37:31
On Wednesday, Feb. 22, Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurants nationwide will be in full swing celebrating their favorite holiday, National Margarita Day. As the record holder for the World's Largest Margarita with Lucky Rita in 2011, Margaritaville knows its margaritas and will celebrate the day with drink specials, a recipe contest with a Key West getaway awarded to the winner and the release of the recipe to Jimmy Buffett's favorite margarita "The Perfect Margarita."
Throughout the day, each location will feature the winning margarita, offering fun food and margarita specials and extending a 22% discount on margarita-related merchandise. All patrons who are celebrating a 2/22 birthday will receive a $22.20 gift certificate to use during their visit and guests celebrating a 2/22/1922 birthday will receive complimentary food and beverage throughout the entire day!
Fun margarita-related facts:
• Margaritaville broke the world record for the World's Largest Margarita (aptly named "Lucky Rita") on Oct. 14, 2011. Lucky Rita held over 8,500 gallons of the concoction and officially kicked-off the opening of Margaritaville's first Casino in Las Vegas.
• Margaritaville restaurants served over 4 million margaritas last year alone.
• Margarita drinkers can thank the Greater Long-nosed Bat of Mexico, which pollinates the blue agave plants from which Tequila is distilled, making margaritas so spectacular.
For the third year, Margaritaville restaurants are encouraging their Facebook fans to participate in the National margarita recipe contest by submitting their favorite recipes. The winning concoction will be served on National Margarita Day at all restaurant locations in the U.S. thru the end of the month. To become a Facebook fan, visit www.facebook.com/Margaritaville.
Recipe submissions will be accepted through Feb. 7 with voting taking placing through Feb. 14.
The winner will be announced on Feb. 15 and will have their recipe featured on the website and margarita served across the country. The winner will also receive a 3 day – 2 night trip to the original Margaritaville restaurant in Key West, a Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker along with a year's supply of Margaritaville Margarita Mix, a $222.00 gift card (for some Margaritaville tequila) and finally a margarita making class with a Margaritaville Mixologist.
The Perfect Margarita (Jimmy's favorite):
• 1 oz Margaritaville Gold Tequila
• .5 oz Margaritaville Silver Tequila
• .5 oz Triple Sec
• .5 oz Orange Curacao
• .5 oz Lime juice
• 2 Lime Wedges
Directions: Rim margarita glass with salt. Combine ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Squeeze limes and add to tin. Shake vigorously and pour into a margarita glass and enjoy.
What's your favorite libation?