Gibson Guitartown on The Sunset Strip Charity Auction Set For Friday, February 22
Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:27:52
The Black Eyed Peas Photos
The Black Eyed Peas Videos
The 10-foot tall Gibson guitar art sculptures that have lined The Sunset Strip will end their year-long tour on Friday, February 22 when they are auctioned for charity at a gala event at Bonhams in Los Angeles. All proceeds from this auction will benefit the Los Angeles Fund For Public Education's "Arts Matter" campaign, which supports art and music education in L.A. public schools.
The auction will be open to the public, with previews on February 21 and 22 from 12 to 5PM each day at Bonhams (7601 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles). The charity auction will begin at 8PM on February 22. An online catalog featuring the star studded guitar lineup is available at www.bonhams.com for review.
The full list of 2012 art guitars includes:
• "Bella Donna" mosaic tile guitar inspired by Stevie Nicks. Created by Roberto Chojniak.
• "Black Eyed Peas" acrylic and photo-wrap guitar inspired by The Black Eyed Peas. Created by Tsipi Mani.
• "British Invasion" acrylic painted guitar celebrating British bands and musicians who have influenced rock and roll and The Sunset Strip. Created by Todd Williamson and signed by producer/singer/songwriter Peter Asher.
• "The Butterfly Effect" mixed media guitar celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Rainbow Bar & Grill, a landmark that has hosted rock legends, including John Lennon, Elton John, Ozzy Osbourne, Led Zeppelin, over the years. Created by Nic Adams.
• "Cosmic Essence" acrylic painted guitar inspired by Donovan. Created by Grammy Award-winning artist John Kosh and signed by Donovan.
• "Electric Warrior" acrylic painted guitar inspired by Marc Bolan of T-Rex. Created by Shepard Fairey.
• "Festival Guitar" acrylic painted guitar created by attendees at the 2012 Sunset Strip Music Festival, celebrating community.
• "Freedom" acrylic painted guitar in the expressionist manner celebrating freedom and spontaneity as well as The Sunset Strip's role in allowing musicians to blaze their own paths. Created by Lana Gomez.
• "I Feel Good" mixed media guitar inspired by the music and legacy of James Brown. Created by Miles Regis.
• "'Jack' & Jim Marshall Tribute Guitar" graphic photowrap guitar utilizing the photographs of legendary photographer Jim Marshall. The guitar features a photo session with The Rolling Stones. Created by Signature Creative.
• "Jersey Devil" acrylic painted guitar inspired by guitarist Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society). Created by John Irwin and signed by Zakk Wylde.
• "Moms Not Bombs" mixed media guitar that references The Sunset Strip, the birthplace for the artist, as well as celebrates the artist's mom, Gillian Eaton. Created by Tristan Eaton.
• "The Music Machine" acrylic painted guitar that pays homage to Van Halen by utilizing the red, black and white colors of Eddie Van Halen's iconic guitar. Created by Stephen M. Taylor.
• "Nothing's Shocking" acrylic painted guitar inspired by Jane's Addiction Nothing's Shocking album as well as the band's self-titled album recorded live at The Roxy Theatre in 1987. Created by Ryan McCann.
• "People of the Sun" mixed media guitar inspired by Rage Against the Machine's song of the same title. Created by Edgar Pasten.
• "Roadhouse Blues" acrylic painted guitar inspired by the music and legacy of The Doors. Created by RISK and signed by John Densmore, Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek.
• "Sunset Strip Music Festival Autographed Guitar" graphic-wrapped guitar celebrating the 2012 Sunset Strip Music Festival. Signed by members of Dead Sara (Emily Armstrong, Siouxsie Medley, Sean Friday, Chris Null), Black Label Society (Zakk Wylde, Nick Catanese, Chad Szeliga) and Bad Religion (Jay Bentley).
• "There's Something Happening Here" mosaic guitar celebrating the music and spirit of Buffalo Springfield. Created by Juliana Martinez and signed by Stephen Stills.
Will you be bidding?