• > Home
  • > News
  • > Lil Wayne's Prison Memoir "Gone 'Til November" Will Be Released This Fall
  • Lil Wayne's Prison Memoir "Gone 'Til November" Will Be Released This Fall

    Thu, 30 Jun 2016 12:28:45

    Lil Wayne's Prison Memoir "Gone 'Til November" Will Be Released This Fall -

    Lil Wayne Photos

    • Lil Wayne - CAMDEN, NJ - AUGUST 21: Rapper Yo Gotti performs during Drake Vs Lil Wayne Tour at the Susquehanna Bank Center on August 21, 2014 in Camden, New Jersey.
    • Lil Wayne - CAMDEN, NJ - AUGUST 21: Lil Wayne performs during Drake Vs Lil Wayne Tour at the Susquehanna Bank Center on August 21, 2014 in Camden, New Jersey.
    • Lil Wayne - CAMDEN, NJ - AUGUST 21: Lil Wayne performs during Drake Vs Lil Wayne Tour at the Susquehanna Bank Center on August 21, 2014 in Camden, New Jersey.

    more lil wayne photos »

    Lil Wayne Videos

    • Lil Wayne - Loyalty
    • David Guetta - Light My Body Up

    more lil wayne videos »

    Lil Wayne's long-discussed prison memoir Gone'Til November will be released on October 11th via Penguin Publishing Group. The memoir, which is based on diary notes from his time in prison at New York's Rikers Island, was first announced back in 2012 was supposed to be released by Grand Central Publishing. However, that deal fell apart and it seemed the book would be lost until digital pre-orders for the memoir began to pop up recently.

    Back in March, 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne released ColleGrove. Due to Lil Wayne continuous issues with his record label, 2 Chainz was credited as the primary artist on all the tracks. The album reached number four on the US Billboard 200.

    Later in March, Lil Wayne began suing Universal Music and SoundExchange for $40 million in damages over unpaid profits Wayne earned for discovering artists such as Drake and Nicki Minaj. Spin reported, "According to the suit, Universal has withheld Wayne's share of those profits in order to pay itself back for the debt from an alleged $100 million advance given to Cash Money in the past. It alleges that according to a 2003 agreement, Wayne would own and receive 49 percent of Cash Money's profit and the other 51 percent would go to Cash Money; he has gone unpaid and therefore believes he isn't responsible for paying off the label's debt. Said agreement expired on June 5, 2015."

    Most importantly, there has still been no date set for the release of The Carter V.

    For more on Lil Wayne, check out:

    Birdman Claims He's Not Responsible For "Stopping" The Release Of Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter V"

    —The ARTISTdirect Staff
    06.30.16

    Buy Lil Wayne music on iTunes



    "Like" ARTISTdirect on facebook to get more news and info on Lil Wayne

    Tags: Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, Drake, Nicki Minaj

    Latest Music News

    more news headlines »

    • this week
    • last week
    • artist
    • ringtone
    • peak rank
    • wks on chart