Myspace + Independent Label Market Return to L.A. on May 4
Thu, 02 May 2013 13:07:58
Calling all music nerds and collectors based out in L.A.!
In a continued partnership with IAMSOUND Records, Independent Label Market, presented by Myspace, announced today that it will return to Los Angeles on Saturday, May 4, 2013, from 11 AM to 4PM, at Micheltorena Elementary School, in Silver Lake.
The event, which is free and open to the public, invites collectors of vinyl and all music fans to interact directly with the founders of Los Angeles' most influential independent labels.
The labels present at ILM offer direct sales, exclusive releases, limited editions, and artist appearances. As Presenting Sponsor of ILM, the Myspace team will help all participating labels' artists with onboarding their profiles to the newly redesigned Myspace platform, which features a sleek profile layout centered on connections, discovery and sharing.
The May 4th Independent Label Market expects another impressive roster of musicians (to be announced) and welcomes back labels including Mad Decent, Ninja Tune and Anti-; as well as newcomers including Brushfire and Dangerbird. The complete list of participating labels includes 100% Silk, Anti-, Anticon, Brushfire Records, Burger Records, Concord Music Group, Cool Summer, Dangerbird, Delicious Vinyl, Eenie Meenie, Everloving Records, Friends of Friends, Goaty Tapes, Hit City U.S.A., Hydra Head, IAMSOUND, Innovative Leisure, Mad Decent, Manimal, Mono Prism, Ninja Tune, No Kings, Not Not Fun, Now Again Records, Permanent, Stones Throw, White Iris and Williams Street. Throughout the day KXLU DJs will provide the shopping soundtrack, and popular food trucks Brasil Kiss Coffee Truck, CoolHaus, Juice Box and Komodo will also be on hand.
To celebrate this unique gathering, an exclusive free playlist featuring Angeleno artists Io Echo, Matt Costa and more is now streaming on Myspace. The full tracklist is below.
1. Io Echo – Ministry of Love - (IAMSOUND)
2. Phaseone – Blood Spirit I - (William Street Records)
3. Matt Costa - Ophelia - (Brushfire Records)
4. The Pharcyde – Runnin' (Delicious Vinyl)
5. Nick Waterhouse – Some Place (Innovative Leisure)
6. Georgia Anne Muldrow – Endure (feat. M.E.D. & Rapped Big Pooh) (Stones Throw)
7.Baths – Hall (Anticon)
8. King Tuff – Sun Medallion (Burger Records)
9. AAN – Mystery Life (Cool Summer)
10. Sea Wolf – Old Friend (Dangerbird)
11. Division Day – Colorguard (Eenie Meenie)
12. The Growlers – Someday (Everloving Records)
13. Shlohmo – Don't Say How ft. How to Dress Well (Friends of Friends)
14. Superhumanoids – Palm Springs (Innovative Leisure)
15. Torche – U.F.O. (Hydra Head)
16. Diplo – U Don't Like Me (Datsik Remix) (Mad Decent)
17. Bat for Lashes – What's a Girl to Do? (Manimal)
18. Moon Wheel – AlaeiR (Not Not Fun)
19. Mr. Chop – The Infinity Machine (Stones Throw)
Micheltorena Elementary School is located at 1511 Micheltorena Street, Los Angeles, Ca. 90026.
About Independent Label Market: Since launching in London in May 2011, Independent Label Market has brought together the founders of some the world's greatest independent record labels on both sides of the Atlantic to sell their fresh vinyl produce directly to the public at that traditional goods exchange – a market stall.
Anyone in Los Angeles plan to attend this free event? It's a way to discover new music! Don't snooze! Buy a record and be a music nerd.