New Book Helps Musicians Transition From Paper Sheet Music to Digital Readers
Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:13:33
Calling all music nerds! From Paper to Pixels: Your Guide to the Digital Sheet Music Revolution is a guide for musicians looking to make the transition from paper sheet music to digital readers and apps.
The book assumes that you want to focus on your music, not on computer gobbledy-gook. No matter what style of music you work with, from traditional music notation to text-based chord charts and lyric sheets, you'll find the answers to make your digital transition as easy as possible. Along the way, you'll discover how digital sheet music can expand your musical capabilities far beyond what you might think possible, such as the following:
- Being able to carry hundreds of pounds of music in a 1.2 lb device
- Finding any piece in your library instantly
- Marking up your scores non-destructively with colored inks and highlights
- Changing the size of your music to maximize the view on a tablet or computer screen
- Controlling multiple iPads to keep everyone on the same page – literally
- Turning pages hands free
From Paper to Pixels is now available as an eBook for Kindle, iBooks, Nook, and any reader that can open .mobi and ePub files. The print version is available for pre-order, with expected availability on August 1, 2013. Orders can be placed at store.airturn.com.
Any musicians and music nerds plan to check this book out?