Playlist: Charlene Yi of "Paper Heart"
Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:23:27
Charlyne Yi Videos
In Paper Heart, Charlene Yi and true-life beau Michael Cera dissect everyone's favorite L-word—love.
Through an innovative structure and a heartwarming story, Yi explores what love is. She's not "Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart" as legendary Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland would say. Instead, she interviews people from all facets of life and social strata—from ministers to children—to find meaning. Yi leaves no stone unturned in her quest, and it makes for poignant and powerful cinematic experience.
In this exclusive feature, Yi opened up her iTunes and shared her playlist with ARTISTdirect.com. Check out her playlist below and see Paper Heart!
Charlene Yi's Playlist:
1. Brigitte Bardot – "Laiappareil a Sous"
It makes me happy.
2. Pete Tex — "Unchained Melody" (Lounge Masters: Crazy Saxophones) Saxophones are funny because they make things sound sexy-ish. I also happen to really love this song.
3. Santo & Johnny — "Sleepwalk"
Heartbreaking song. "Ritchiieeeee!!!" 4. Man Man — "Doo Right"
I like doo-wop. And most contemporary doo-wop is so/so. But this song is great.
5. Whitney Houston — "How Will I Know?"
I used to dance to this when I was a kid.
6. Biz Markie — "Just Friends"
I totally relate to this song; it's like the story of my life.
7. Drakkar Sauna — "Very Much Alone (Pt. 2: The Coke Binge)"
I saw them perform over 3 years ago and never forgot them.
8. Marty Friedman — "Thunder March"
Makes me feel heroic and want to fight bad guys. It's great.
9. Pyotr llyich Tchaikovsky — "Nutcracker: Act 2: Pas De Deux"
It's wonderful. It tells a story without any words.
10. Beirut — "Nantes"
Beautiful music. And amazing energy live.