"Smokey & Friends" Track Listing Revealed, Release Date Bumped Up
Wed, 09 Jul 2014 13:45:44
Smokey Robinson Photos
Smokey Robinson Videos
Duets are a'coming.
The release date for Smokey & Friends, the new duets album from legendary Motown icon and Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Smokey Robinson, has been moved up to August 19 on Verve Records. The album will be made available at all physical and digital retail outlets nationwide.
The track listing features Robinson alongside a celebrated roster of contemporary and classic artists who revisit the best loved songs from Robinson's unmatched catalog of hits including those he has written for his solo career, his Rock and Roll Hall of Fame group, The Miracles, as well as hits he wrote for others, including Marvin Gaye and The Temptations.
He has teamed up with some amazing vocalists, which you can see in the track listing below.
S. Robinson has modernized some of his Motown classics. We are going to feast on ALL of them.
1. The Tracks of My Tears - Elton John
2. You Really Got a Hold On Me - Steven Tyler
3. My Girl - Miguel, Aloe Blacc & JC Chasez
4. Cruisin' - Jesse J
5. Quiet Storm - John Legend
6. The Way You Do (The Things You Do) - Cee Lo Green
7. Being With You - Mary J. Blige
8. Ain't The Peculiar - James Taylor
9. The Tears of a Clown - Sheryl Crow
10. Ooh Baby Baby - Ledisi
11. Get Ready - Gary Barlow
Which of these tracks and duets is most appealing to you? We are probably most stoked about Smokey x Jessie J, not gonna lie.