TV on the Radio, The Roots Among Artists on Nat King Cole Comp
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:34:44
Nas, Cee-Lo Green, The Roots, TV on the Radio, Cut Chemist and Natalie Cole have all been named as contributors to Re: Generations, a Nat King Cole tribute executive produced by his daughter, Carole Cole.
"As the curators of our father's music, image and likeness, my sisters and I strive to keep dad in the mix and as innovative as he was back in the day,” Carole Cole said in a statement. "We have no doubts that if Nat were here today, he would embrace all of the artists on this record as well as the ones we were unable to get next to. He would want to produce them and encourage them to leave their own indelible mark on the cultural landscape. And as a bona fide music lover, Dad would buy their music and be a loyal fan."
"Dad would get quite the kick from this," added Natalie Cole, who recorded "Straighten Up and Fly Right" with will.i.am. "What a great feeling it was to have worked with both will and dad at the same time. It doesn't get much better and this entire album is so amazing."
Re: Generations hits the streets on March 10. Here is its tracklisting:
1. Lush Life - Cee-Lo
2. Straighten Up and Fly Right - will.i.am & Natalie Cole
3. Day In Day Out - Cut Chemist
4. Brazilian Love Song - Michaelangelo L'Acqua & Bebel Gilberto
5. The Game of Love - Nas & Salaam Remi
6. Walkin' My Baby Back Home - The Roots
7. Hit That Jive, Jack - Souldiggaz & Izza Kizza
8. Calypso Blues - Stephen & Damian Marley
9. More and More of Your Amour - Bitter:Sweet
10. El Choclo - Brazilian Girls
11. Pick-up - Just Blaze
12. Anytime Anyday Anywhere - Amp Fiddler
13. Nature Boy - TV On The Radio
—The ARTISTdirect Staff