Universal Studios Hollywood "Halloween Horror Nights" 2010 Survival Mix
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:10:16
Crossing paths with a knife wielding psychopath can be a harrowing experience. Toss hockey masked murderers and sadistic serial killing families in the fold and you’re faced with quite the staggering challenge of just surviving, let alone unscathed. You can practically guarantee that's not going to happen.
If you plan to survive in the company of Freddy Krueger, Jigsaw, Jason Voorhees and such, you may want to stop by and see Captain Spaulding first, maybe he's got an MP3 player on hand, because you’re going to need some serious motivation to survive this year's Universal Studios Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights.
After all, what better way to prepare and propel you through such potential torment than some good old fashion tail kickin' tunes?
The Official Halloween Horror Nights 2010 Survival Mix:
1. AC/DC – "Highway To Hell": If you're about to venture into the belly of the beast, do yourself a favor and prepare. There's no better preparation for confronting the hellish than a solid spin of "Highway To Hell". If you’re headed there, just go with it!
2. Seven Mary Three – "Water's Edge": Universal has ensured an abundance of the macabre this year. 7M3 front-man Jason Ross is here to insure you that chances are, "you can't stomach what you're gonna see".
3. George Thorogood – "Bad to The Bone": If you're looking to get pumped before dipping your feet into the shark tank, you better pack a little confidence in yourself. What better way to get the machismo running on overdrive than one of the baddest songs ever made?
4. Clutch – "Spacegrass": If you're venturing Universal's intimidating mazes of mayhem, you're going to wish you were out of this world. You may find yourself wishing for a little of that spacegrass to help you cope as well.
5. Metallica – "One": In preparation to face the bladed glove of Freddy Krueger, a little prayer may come as comforting (though I have no idea why). Turn the volume up, hold your breath, don't wish for death, but do beg, "Please God, wake me!"
6. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – "Red Right Hand": There's not much justification needed here, the tune is a horror staple, and the perfect warm-up for an adventurous trek through the dark side.
7. One Day As A Lion – "If You Fear Dying": If you fear dying, well, then you’re already dead!
8. A Perfect Circle – "Judith":
There comes a time when the reality of the sinister sinks in. Sometimes you're just screwed, and you know it. Times like this call for Maynard James Keenan's grizzly lyricism, plain and simple. Turn it up loud, and don't expect a merciful welcome from the grotesque inhabitants of this year's Halloween Horror Nights!
9. The Smashing Pumpkins – "Bullet With Butterfly Wings": Vulnerability can be a mind-numbing emotion. Traversing with horror icons can leave a man (or a woman, of course) feeling a bit unsure of themselves. Block it out, there's nothing worse than feeling like a feeble "rat in a cage".
10. Danzig – "Deep": If you find yourself a player in one of Jigsaw's twisted torture games, it may be too late for you. You should probably take a long, close gander in the mirror as well, your soul may already be damned.
11. Black Sabbath – "Iron Man": There are enough pertinent questions within this timeless classic to probably leave you contemplating cancelling your trip to Halloween Horror Nights. I say put the petal to the medal and man up. No, scratch that - Iron Man up!
12. Alice Cooper – "No More Mr. Nice Guy": The best defense is a good offense. Prepare to face all the sharp blades and blunt objects you can imagine by ditching the goody goody act. It won’t get you far in this realm.
13. Marilyn Manson – "Sweet Dreams": If you're going to throw Sweet Dreams into the mix, you better make it the final cut. Because chances are, you yourself might not make the cut, if you know what I mean. What better way to go out then a gloomy reflection of the realities of this harsh world?
I bid you all good luck, as you’re going to need it. Universal Studios likely won't allow many to escape this years Halloween Horror Nights… though there is always a "survivor girl", right?. Maybe you're reading this right now…
Will you be going to Halloween Horror Nights?