Vimeo Improves Player
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:11:22
Video platform Vimeo has improved its player, which is good for the content creators that use it!
Dedicated to providing the highest-quality video platform, the company just debuted its fastest player yet. Rebuilt from the ground up, Vimeo's new player offers the most elegant viewing experience across any device by automatically defaulting to HTML5. Vimeo also continues to empower creators by adding in-player transaction support for Vimeo On Demand that allows any Vimeo PRO member to sell their work their way, on their own sites or across the web.
Why should you care? Well, if you are a content creator, you have a better application to use. If you are a content viewer, which 100 percent of you are, you will be seeing better quality videos. It's win-win!
If you are into video platforms, then keep reading! If not, skip to the next news post.
Full list of key features include:
• Faster playback: The new player is much faster with 50% reduced load and click to playtimes.
• Smarter and more responsive: The player now defaults viewers to HTML5 to provide the most elegant viewing experience possible on desktop, mobile, and tablet. It also employs responsive web design to provide dynamic loading of design elements and further assure the optimal viewing of Vimeo videos.
• In-player transaction support: Viewers who encounter Vimeo On Demand content embedded off Vimeo.com can make purchases directly from the video player.
• Wider accessibility: Vimeo increased viewer accessibility with screen reader and voiceover compatibility. Plus, creators can now add closed captioning and translated subtitles to their videos, supporting viewership around the world.
• Better sharing: The new player offers better sharing with improved tools that allows users to email, embed and post to social networks in one place.
Do you have a favorite video of all time?