Watch Chris Young's Fire Safety PSA
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 16:26:06
Fire safety is very, very important.
Country singer Chris Young and Kidde Fire Safety are partnering to shine a "Spotlight on Fire Safety." The televised ad campaign features the artist and highlights how Kidde's Worry-Free sealed-battery smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms help provide peace of mind and help keep consumers safe. Kidde is a leading manufacturer of residential fire safety products.
Filmed on location with the Nashville Fire Department, the spots featuring Young are critical, since they remind kids to be careful and to be safe.
"It really hit home for me the day we filmed the commercial when one of my best friends texted me that he had just gotten his dream job as a firefighter with the Clarksville (Tennessee) Fire Department," said Young. "I'm glad to know I can help keep him and other firefighters safer at work with Kidde's 'Spotlight on Fire Safety.'"
Kidde's Worry-Free alarms are designed to simplify choosing the right alarm for the right location. It is the first UL-listed comprehensive line of smoke, CO and combination alarms containing a sealed, lithium battery that lasts 10 years — eliminating low battery chirps and providing nonstop protection.
The campaign with Young also includes a 30-second public service announcement focusing on simple home fire safety steps:
1. Replace smoke alarms every 10 years. Consider installing smoke alarms with a 10-year sealed-in, tamper-proof battery such as Kidde's Worry-Free alarms.
2. Place fire extinguishers within reach on every level of your home.
3. Install UL-listed CO alarms on each floor and near bedrooms.
4. Create and practice an escape plan with your family.
5. Commit to being a safety hero. Staying fire safe helps keep your family safer and reduces the risk of injury and death to firefighters.
Watch the PSA below.
Most people don't think about fire safety and it's important. All it takes is Chris Young, country superstar, to help shine a lot on something so critical.
Are you paying attention, parents, kids and homeowners? Keep your precious cargo and your precious people safe.
Are you informed about fire safety?