Why Was iHeart Radio Music Festival So Awesome
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:35:18
Green Day Photos
Billie Joe Armstrong Videos
The numbers are in! Listener and social media stats from the 2012 iHeartRadio Music Festival are below and it proves to have been a massive success.
• 14 million people tuned in.
• The exclusive TV broadcast on the CW drew the network's highest ratings in that time period since May 2012.
• Yahoo! reported the largest aggregated concert in total U.S. audience live streams.
• Xbox had its highest total viewership for a U.S. live event.
•The iHeartRadio mobile app downloads reached 275K during the Festival weekend; now at a total of 125 million mobile app downloads.
• 1 billion social impressions in total.
•There were 14 additional iHRMF artist or celebrity trending topics (e.g. #Rihanna) U.S. and worldwide.
•More than 200,000 total tweets using #iHeartRadio; 468 peak tweets per minute.
• More than 70 artist posts/tweets mention iHeartRadio and/or the Festival.
•Shortly after the Festival, IHRMF-related content drove more than 5 million views on YouTube and peaked as the #1 video trending topic. This was driven by Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong's wild outburst and the live performance of Korean pop sensation PSY.
• There were more than 50 million texts to win contest entries.
• The Festival raised more than $600,000 for charity.
• More than 20,000 people attended the concert.
Did you check out iHeart Radio? On your computer, or get the apps - [for iPhone/iPod touch] [for iPad] [for Android]