Willie Nelson and Sister Bobbie Releasing "December Day" on a December Day
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:48:14
Here's a riddle.
Willie Nelson and Sister Bobbie, who is his real sibling, will release December Day, the first installment of the Willie's Stash archival recordings series, on a December day. Which December Day? Oh, just Tuesday, December 2.
It's an eclectic album collaboration from outlaw country legend Willie Nelson and Sister Bobbie Nelson. And December Day debuts intimate new recordings of the siblings performing 18 songs they love.
As brother and sister growing up in Abbott, Texas, Willie and Bobbie Nelson learned to read music and play instruments as pre-teens under the tutelage of their grandparents, who raised them. They played together in Texas bands early in their careers and Bobbie has been an essential member of Willie's Family Band since its official formation in 1973. Willie and Bobbie's deeply intuitive musical bond, formed and developed through of decades of practice and spontaneity, can be felt throughout December Day.
December Day (Willie's Stash, Vol. 1) Track Listing:
1. Alexander's Ragtime Band (Irving Berlin)
2. Permanently Lonely (Willie Nelson)
3. What'll I Do (Irving Berlin)
4. Summer of Roses / December Day (Willie Nelson)
5. Nuages (Django Reinhardt)
6. Mona Lisa (Ray Evans & Jay Livingston)
7. I Don't Know Where I Am Today (Willie Nelson)
8. Amnesia (Willie Nelson)
9. Who'll Buy My Memories (Willie Nelson)
10. The Anniversary Song (Al Jolson & Saul Chaplin)
11. Laws of Nature (Willie Nelson)
12. Walkin' (Willie Nelson)
13. Always (Irving Berlin)
14. I Let My Mind Wander (Willie Nelson)
15. Is the Better Part Over (Willie Nelson)
16. My Own Peculiar Way (Willie Nelson)
17. Sad Songs and Waltzes (Willie Nelson)
18. Ou-es tu, mon amour (Émile Stern & Henri Lemarchand) / I Never Cared for You (Willie Nelson)
Anyone plan to check this out on December 2?