X Japan's Yoshiki Launches Charity Auction
Thu, 12 May 2011 13:25:07
Red Hot Chili Peppers Photos
X Japan Videos
X Japan leader Yoshiki has launched a celebrity auction to aid the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami. The items will be auctioned off over the next several weeks to raise money for Japan Relief. The celebrity auction, adding new items on a weekly basis, starts Monday, May 16th.
Other items going up for auction include:
* a Red Hot Chili Peppers MTV Europe Award belonging to Anthony Kiedis
* Al Jourgensen's one-of-a-kind Ibenez mandolin that was used on Ministry's 2003, 2004 and 2005 world tours
* Autographed guitars from Anthrax's Scott Ian and Limp Bizkit's Wes Borland
* Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon and James Franco signed t-shirts
* Front row tickets to a Chelsea Handler Live taping
* A limited edition signed artwork print of Marilyn Manson's Lest We Forget: The Best Of album
* Two tickets and a meet'n'greet to any 30 Seconds to Mars show on the band's 2011 tour
* Hello Kitty designer Yuko Yamaguchi autographed Yoshikitty iPod Touch case
"I am so grateful to everyone who has donated these very special items for this auction, including some of the members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association," said Yoshiki, whose Yoshiki Foundation America is spearheading the celebrity auction in conjunction with Yahoo! Japan and will funnel all proceeds raised to the Japanese Red Cross. "There are nearly 140,000 people who are still living in shelters," he continued, "so much needs to be done to help the Japanese people return to their normal lives. What we raise from this auction will help the victims."
Log on hereto check out all of the items to be auctioned off and to place a bid.
Are you going to bid on any of the above-referenced items?